DevKit270 Development Kit
Marvell XScale PXA270 Microcontroller, Operating frequency 520MHz
- A Rich Set of Peripherals including RS232, USB, LCD/TSP, Audio, Bluetooth, WiFi, RFID, Barcode Scanner, SD...
- The system can be updated through Ethernet/USB/Serial port
- Supporting WinCE 6.0
DevKit270 Main Board
|Embest DevKit270 Main Board is a high-performance compact board based on Marvell XScale 520MHz PXA270 ARM processor, with 1GByte of MDOC flash and 128MByte of SDRAM as well as a MiniSD card slot supporting up to 2GB capacity. It features standard Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and a 3,500 mAH rechargeable Lithium battery. A barcode scanner interface and a RFID antenna interface are also available. The board exposes many other hardware interfaces including RS232 serial port, USB Host/Device, LCD/TSP and Jtag. It mainly targets the development of PDA, Handheld PC, Tablet PC and smart phones.
The DevKit270 main board can support 16-gray STN-LCDs or 256-color STN-LCDs of various size and the maximum virtual screen size in 256 color mode is up to 4096*1024. It can also support 1, 2, 4 or 8-bpp TFT-LCDs of various size and the maximum virtual screen size in 64K color mode is up to 2048*1024. Embest offers, as options, a DATA IMAGW 7" TFT LCD with 800*480 pixels resolution and a tiny RFID antenna board.
The DevKit270 main board is able to support WinCE OS. The software package includes WinCE6.0 BSP and drivers of which many are in source code. Embest also provide user manual, schematic drawing and datasheet documents to help customers better understand the board. This would be an ideal solid basis for your embedded applications.
DevKit270 Development Kit
to view interfaces of the Devkit270
Embest Devkit270 Development Kit is designed specially for evaluating the DevKit270 main board. It is housed in a case and preloaded with WinCE6.0 OS for testing. User can display it using a DATA IMAGW 7" TFT LCD and Touch screen. It includes a tiny RFID antenna board inside as well as a 8-pin Jtag connector for reserved extension. The front panel of the case is made of aluminum alloy while the rear panel is designed using engineering plastic. The kit has ebook functions, supporting Microsoft office applications such as WORD, EXCEL, PDF and TXT for viewing documents; it also has synchronizing function which enables data synchronization between your PC and the kit; it would also be a media player which is capable of playing audio or video files like MP3 or MP4.
Features of DevKit270 Main Board
Note: The DevKit270 main board has one 22-pin socket surface mounted on it. The socket is compatible with HP PDA. The 9-wire serial port, power charger interface and USB Device port of the DevKit270 main board are all led out from this socket. Embest provides a data cable to connect this board to your needed peripheral device.
- Dimensions: 109.6mm x 80mm
- Working temperature:
–20°C to 85°C
- Processor: Marvell XScale PXA270 can work up to 520MHz
- Power supply: 3500mAH
- 3-pin Battery interface (connect to 3,500MAH Lithium battery)
- Power charger interface (included in one 22-pin socket, connecting to 6V~9V DC power)
- 128MByte SDRAM
- 1GByte MDOC (Disk-On-Chip)
- One 9-wire RS232 serial port
(included in one 22-pin socket)
- One USB1.1 Host port
- One USB1.1 Device port (included in one 22-pin socket)
- Bluetooth antenna (BC41B143A, support Bluetooth earphone and Bluetooth printer)
- Support wireless LAN (LBWA18HEPZ, WLAN 802.11 b/g)
- LCD interface (STN or TFT)
- 4-wire touch screen interface
- One mini SD card socket (support
the maximum capability up to 2Gbyte)
- Audio output port (earphone)
- RFID antenna interface (RFID
frequency: 13.56MHz, support ISO15693, 14443A/B)
- RFID antenna (a small RFID antenna board, optional*)
- Barcode scanner interface
- Two buttons (RESET and ON/OFF)
- One 3-pin EXT KEY interface (two
buttons can be extended through the interface for the barcode scanner control)
- 20-pin JTAG interface (led out by test points on the rear of the board)
- Supporting WinCE6.0
||Bootloader for WinCE (Supports downloading image through Ethernet or USB or serial port)
|| Windows interface can rotate 90/180/270/360 degree automatically.
|| Backlight (If WinCE system is suspended, the backlight will be turned off)
||Bluetooth (use serial port for transferring)
|| Msystem flash MDOC H3
|| EV15 symbol scanner
|| Marvell 8086 SPI Chipset
|| Power management (Change the power status between suspend and wake up)
|| USB mouse and USB Keypad
|| Three full-function serial ports: one for Bluetooth, one for scanner and one for EBOOT debugging.
|| SD (MMC/SDIO)
|| RFID (Chipset: TI TRF9760)
|| WolfSon: driver for Audio.
Dimensions of DevKit270 Main Board
Relative Documentation and Links
DevKit270 Development Kit Overview
Marvell XScale PXA270 datasheet